You’ve passed the first hurdle by setting an appointment for The House Painter Dude to come over and look at your painting needs, and give you an estimate.
As you take a few deep breaths to calm down, let’s go over what you can do to help make our meeting go as smooth as possible, and give you the best chance for success.
Please understand, I’m a regular person. I possess no superhuman powers. So no need to be nervous. I put my pants on one leg at a time, just like you.
As you know, I’m a busy man and I’m forced to be selective in the assignments I accept. I can’t just go around willy-nilly taking every job that falls in my lap. I must evaluate each opportunity with clarity and precision.
However, here’s a few tips to follow, in the hopes that YOU can be the next benefactor of my services.
- DO have cookies or a pie baking in the oven. Or perhaps some sourdough bread. It gives the house a nice warm appeal, and helps me feel at home.
- DON’T overdress for the occasion. I know you want to make a good first impression, but trust me, I do this every day. I see right through the superficial.
- DO take a breath mint, if you have one.
- DON’T worry about making sure your home is spotless. A good general cleaning a few hours before I get there will suffice.
- DO have soft music playing in the background. I like classical. Or at least I want people to think I like classical.
- DON’T sweat it! I know the pressure you’re under and I’ll do all I can to choose YOUR home as the next one, upon which, I paint a masterpiece.
The painter dude abides. And hope abounds.